With the classic good looks of its bigger brothers, the new 15-Watt, 1 x 8" Pathfinder 15R combo packs a profusion of VOX style and sound into a highly compact and affordable package. Like other family members, it sports typical VOX characteristics like basket-weave vinyl, diamond grille cloth, white piping, gold beading and, of course, ‘chicken head’ pointer knobs.
The Pathfinder 15R houses a wonderful sounding, vintage Tremolo effect and is extremely versatile when it comes to tone. Its distinctive, maroon coloured top panel features a Gain Boost switch plus controls for Volume, Gain, Treble, Bass, Tremolo Speed and Tremolo Depth. Both the Gain Boost and the built-in Tremolo are footswitchable via an optional, VOX VFS2 dual footswitch, offering you even more performance power.
Bulldog Speakers and More
The Pathfinder 15R produces 15 Watts of power that drives a specially voiced 8" VOX Bulldog speaker. In addition to a Headphone output that mutes the internal speaker for ‘silent’ practice, the rear panel also has a specially filtered Line Out jack for recording/live work and an External Speaker output as well.
The Pathfinder 15R features an onboard Spring Reverb system with a Reverb control that adjusts the level of the effect.
Top Panel Features
- Input Jack. Standard 1/4" jack for guitar connection.
- Gain Control. Set higher for crunch and distortion sounds and lower for cleaner tones.
- Boost Switch. Press in for more gain and distortion. Press out for cleaner sounds. You can turn this function on and off remotely with the optional VFS2 Footswitch.
- Volume Control. Controls the overall volume. Set high for clean sounds. Lower the level when setting the Gain control high for distortion.
- Treble Control. Adjusts the higher frequencies or treble in your tone, from soft and full at one extreme to bright and cutting at the other.
- Bass Control. Adjusts the lower frequencies or bass in your tone, from warm and light at one extreme to dark and heavy at the other.
- Tremolo Speed Control. Controls the speed at which the built in tremolo oscillates. You can also control the tremolo function remotely with the optional VFS2 Footswitch.
- Tremolo Depth Control. Controls the intensity of the built in tremolo.
- Reverb Control. This control enables you to vary the level of the built-in spring Reverb.
- Power ON/OFF Switch & LED. On/Off switch for mains (AC) power to amplifier. Plus power indicator LED.
Rear Panel Features
- Headphone Output Jack. The headphone jack on the rear panel mutes the built-in speaker and lets the guitarist play "silently" at any time.
- Line Output Jack. Specially filtered line level signal output. This gives you a good sounding signal for recording/live work without having to mic up the amp.
- External Speaker Output Jack. For connection to an alternative speaker cabinet.
- Footswitch Jack. For connecting the optional VFS-2 Dual Footswitch with which you can control switch both Boost and Tremolo functions on and off independently.